moderated Re: Question about JAWS at job interviews

I think offering pen and paper is something no employer would have a problem with, but that is magnitudes different from expecting somebody to buy a Jaws licence and have a laptop ready for somebody who comes in for an interview and who may or may not get the job.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 3:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about JAWS at job interviews

I would never expect an employer to offer a laptop as an interview tool.

If you go to an interview, and you expect to take notes; you should take your note taking tools with you.

A sighted person would not show up and expect them to provide a pen and paper.

If the job interview involves some kind of testing, then that should be accessible unless the interviewer doesn't know you have a disability.

Richard

On Jun 28, 2021, at 3:28 PM, Michael Walker <michael.walker199014@...> wrote:

Hi,

When you went to job interviews, did you bring your own laptop with JAWS, or did the employer provide JAWS as an interview accommodation? I currently only have a desktop, but am willing to obtain a laptop. I am assuming that I cannot expect any interview accommodations, and that I should be prepared. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Mike