moderated Re: scripts for MS Teams

Shan Noyes

Hi Tony:

I use the screen sharing in teams a lot. 

Ms Teams has a command to pop up the sharing toolbar its

Control + shift + e

Then you need to arrow to left or right.  I believe the share my screen is 2 arrows to the right and hit enter.

This shares your screen.  So the person at the other end can see it.  Although they don’t have any control.  So to give them control they need to request it and you need to give it to them. 

It also takes a few key strokes to do that.

I’m all about efficiency so I’ve been thinking of asking Brian to add commands to do these tasks.  It would save a pile of  key board commands that one needs to do currently.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 8:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: scripts for MS Teams

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Just starting with Teams.  I’m doing fairly well with the free scripts and have listened to the Hartgen audio description. 

One thing I have run up against, and did not hear on the audio, is settings in Teams.  Sharing my computer audio is easy but sharing my screen is a graphic that I can’t find and don’t always have sighted help available. 

I assume there are probably other hidden controls as well.  Does Hartgen’s scripts provide access to these controls?

Thanks

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Boston, Jason W
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 6:12 PM

Excellent feedback, just the kind of info I’m looking for about his scripts. How does it handle the teams and channels tab?

Thanks,

Jason

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shan Noyes
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 2:32 PM

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi:

I’ve been using ms Teams for almost 2 years now.  Initially just used the scripts included with Jaws, then tried out the free scripts from Doug Lee, and a month ago purchased the Teams course as well as the scripts from Brian Hartgen.

The first thing I would like to point out about Brian’s scripts  is that he has put a lot of emphasis on being efficient.  There are lots of commands in his scripts that make a user extremely efficient when working with Teams.

e.g.

1. A key stroke to tell you the status of the mike when on a teams call.
  2. A key stroke to list all the participants in the meeting
  3. A key board command to jump to and display the conversations in a meeting.
  4. A keyboard command that will bring the ms teams into focus from any other location.  Extremely useful.
  5. Ability to assign sounds to notifications etc.

Although I’ve been using ms teams for almost 2 years, I’ve experienced some difficulties in areas like working with team feeds as compared to the chats

So I’ve found his ms teams course extremely helpful. 

Note: I’ve attended webinars from both Microsoft Accessibility desk, and Vispero.  These webinars were good to get you going, but to really use the full capability of ms teams Brian’s course is great.

So if you are concerned with being as efficient when working with ms Teams as your sighted colleagues then Brian’s course and scripts are worth the cost.  As well Brian fully supports his work, he has an email group for questions and one can always ask for new features to be included in the scripts and if they make sense he adds them.

Anyways, I’m very happy with both the course and the scripts.

If you have any other specific questions please feel free to write me at any time.

Have a nice day.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Boston, Jason W
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 8:14 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

What does the Brian Hartgen  scripts offer that JFW does not already include in the out of the box scripts? I’m looking for impressions from those who have used both.

Thanks,

Jason

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Arrabito
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2021 10:06 AM

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi Milton and all,

Thank you for the information.

Cheers,

Rob

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: June 24, 2021 10:38 PM

Hi you can find old scripts at:

https://www.dlee.org

I believe these scripts are free but they are not up-to-date.

You can buy scripts from Brian Hartgen as he has done a webinar and has scripts that you can buy from his website at:

http://www.hartgen.org

Payment can be made through Paypal

HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Arrabito
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 11:30 AM
Subject: scripts for MS Teams

Hi all,

I am looking for scripts to work with MS Teams. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Rob

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.