moderated Re: scripts for MS Teams

Shan Noyes

It does a really nice job of it.  At least I find it a lot easier to use ms teams with Brian’s scripts as compared to the ones either from Vispero or the dlee site.

Of course you use the   teams build in commands like control 2 to jump to the chat area, or control 3 to jump to the teams area, etc.

But then with Brian’s scripts the power and efficiency then really shows up.  I don’t find myself having to tab back and forth to do things.  Brian provides a Jaws command when in the control 3 area to quickly popp back and forth between listing the feeds  and the postings. This is an area I struggled with for the past 2 years. Might be because I was mostly working with the chat area.

And the team feed area is not used as much.

The other things I really aappreciate about the scripts is that there are commands for checking the status of the mike, or video when in meetings.  Which is great because if you aren’t sure is my mike off or on, you can just check it, where as before you had to give the  command to mute or unmute your mike to check.  So say you wanted to ake sure it was off.  In the past you would hit  control + shift + m and that would change the status from mute to unmute.  So if it changed to unmute and you wanted it muted, well you would have to issue the command again to turn it off.

A pain in the neck because all you wanted to do was check it.  As well when one mutes and unmutes their Mike I’m pretty sure that everyone in the meeting sees that.

The course is also pretty good.  I found I learnt a lot of things from it that were not covered in the Vispero or Microsoft webinars on using Teams from and accessibility point of view.

Also don’t know if I mentioned it before, but Brian has build in a keyboard command that goes out and checks to see if there is an update to his scripts.

Oh yes, just used another excellent command in the scripts this morning.  That is:

Say in your calendar you have accepted a meeting that has a link to a teams session.  Well prior to Brian’s script you would have to tab several times to find the link to join the meeting.  Well the scripts have a key command that you issue which finds and starts the meeting.  A great saver of time and pain.

There also is an email list for questions and suggestions for additional commands.

Hope this helps.  If you get the scripts I would be interested in hearing your experience with them and Teams.

p.s. I guess I should also apologize for being so excited by these scripts.  But then I’m a person who hates not being as efficient as my sighted colleagues when using an application.  I just hate having to tab back and forth so much which was what I was doing in the pre Hartgen script days.

Have a good day.