moderated Re: Reading visible text in a cell

Marty Hutchings

I know that back in JAWS 16 and Windows XP, this was possible using the JAWS cursor.  Now, you may have to use BE MY EYES ap on your phone to get someone to tell you what is visible.

On 6/30/2021 6:36 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
Thank you.  I don't want to change the size of the cell.  what I want is to know which characters are visible on the screen when a cell is truncated.
At 05:50 PM 6/30/2021, you wrote:

Hi Ann
Not sure if this is helpful, or you are already aware, but to auto-fit the column width to the text in it you can do the following.

1.Select the Column you are in with Ctrl+ Space
2. Press Alt+H to get to the Home Tab
3. Press ZC For Cell
4. Press O for Format Cell
5 Press I for Auto- format column width