moderated Re: Reading visible text in a cell

Ann Byrne

thanks, Alan. that works. Not convenient, but workable. FS says you can't read just the visible text; fun to prove them wrong. (LOL)

At 08:49 PM 6/30/2021, you wrote:
Hi Ann,

The best workaround I've come up with to give you what you want is to turn
on wrap text for the format of the column you're checking as explained in my
checking, for example the cell containing Wednesday is the middle of the
week per your original post, press F2 to edit that cell, and press ctrl +
home, Fusion speaks what is displayed in line 1 of the wrapped text. It will
speak the other wrapped lines as you arrow up and down while in edit mode.
Based on what is spoken for the first line, you can work out what is
truncated when wrap text is turned off.

I hope this helps.

Alan Lemly