moderated Re: Reading visible text in a cell

Ann Byrne

Using Excel 2019 with JAWS 2021 latest, I can't read visible text with the JAWS cursor.

At 08:33 AM 6/30/2021, you wrote:
using the JAWS cursor to read the text on the screen is the only way that I'm aware of. if there's another way, I'd like to know as well.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ann Byrne [mailto:annakb@sbcglobal.net]
Subject: Reading visible text in a cell
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 8:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
The text "Wednesday is the middle of the week" has been entered into
cell a1 of a spreadsheet with default width of 8.11 points. It
overlaps, of course into at least the next two cells. How can I
determine what is actually displayed in a1? F2 reads all the text,
whether displayed or not. Routing JAWS to PC speaks
What else can I try?

Thx,
'blank'.

.