Re: Using JAWS to Drag and Drop

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Remember, you can copy and paste items not contiguous (not next to each other) in two ways:

1. If in a list such as Windows Explorer, just highlight the first item with spacebar. Then hold down the control key. As you arrow down, keep the control key pressed. Choose other items to copy (or move) by additional presses of the space bar -- all the time keeping the control key pressed.
Then, you can copy, control C, or cut (control X) the noncontiguous items you selected above.

2. This second approach will work in other places, as in different sentences or paragraphs in a Word document. Highlight what you want to copy. Then press control plus C.
After that, sequentially highlight other stuff you want to copy in whatever means is convenient. Then, instead of pressing control plus C, press Windows plus C. That will "append" to the clipboard.
I think you can "cut" with Windows plus X, the same way you can copy with Windows plus C, but it has been too long since I tried that.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of gutz
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 9:30 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Using JAWS to Drag and Drop

Kinda off topic but will drag and drop allow me to be able to move more than
one thing at once? Because I have trouble with moving things with the
standard copy and paste commands. I usually have to move one item at a time
witch can get annoying!!!

#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.