From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Walker via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 8:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about JAWS at job interviews

Hi Pam,

This is very helpful. How did your employer for the database administrator position react, when you told them you were blind? How do you know when you should disclose your blindness? What other jobs did you have before that position?

Thank you,
Mike

On Jun 28, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@disney.com> wrote:

Mike,

It was for a database administrator job, so they asked a lot of technical questions. They had already done a preliminary interview by phone, and flew me out to where they were located, so I had told them I was blind. We had a good discussion about how I was able to do my work, but I did not take a laptop with me. I actually am not sure what I would have shown them, since I would not have had access to their systems at that point. They also contacted a few references which I provided that were previous employers.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.