moderated Preliminary: Windows 11 is working with JAWS, a forum thread on tracking Win11 issues with screen readers created as a reference

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce that JAWS works with Windows 11 Insider Preview (build 22000). At the moment JAWS supports new Start menu, Notification Center (Windows+N), Control Center (Windows+A), Widgets (Windows+W), and revamped Settings (Windows+I). JAWS doesn’t work with new emoji panel, but I’m sure Vispero will find a way to support it soon.

Also, a dedicated thread was created on Win10 Forum for Screen Reader Users to discuss Windows 11 preview with screen readers:

win10@win10.groups.io | Windows 11 (thread): first impressions, things to be aware of

Note: Windows 11 is under active development. Please ask Vispero and/or Windows Insiders if you have questions or comments about JAWS with Windows 11 preview.

Cheers,

Joseph