moderated Re: can't rename folder in Outlook 2016

Adrian Spratt

F2 works for me if I want to change the name of an Outlook 2016 folder. I wonder if it matters how you get there. I go from a message list to the folders list with shift-F6. Once in that list, I use first-letter navigation to locate the folder name. From there, F2 works as expected.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 5:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: can't rename folder in Outlook 2016

I'm trying to help an acquaintance where he wants to rename a folder, but cannot seem to do so. he has tried pressing F2 when he goes to the existing folder, but nothing happens. I have found a Youtube video that implied clicking on the file menu and then rename, but it doesn't work for him. what else can he do?