Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: Solenzio

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 09:57 AM, james hooper wrote:
What does this program do?
-
If you are using a Bluetooth audio output device, the purpose of Silenzio is to play an endless loop of silence so that the device cannot be put into sleep mode by Windows.  As a power saving mechanism Bluetooth devices are put to sleep after a period of inactivity.  For most of them, that doesn't matter, as the reawakening is more than quick enough that you have no idea they were asleep.  But with audio devices and screen readers, a sleeping device will often not reawaken fast enough to play the first little bit of what the screen reader is saying.  How big that "little bit" happens to be varies from computer to computer and Bluetooth output devices.

           ~ André Gide