moderated Re: Toggle volume control notifications from external multimedia devices

Bill White

Hi, Russell. Thank you for clarifying for me what that grave accent command does in layered commands. Is this command available anywhere in the JAWS Settings Center? I don't think so. I did a search, and couldn't come up with anything that resembles this command within JAWS Settings Center.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2021 4:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Toggle volume control notifications from external multimedia devices

ÎHi Bill,

I think what this refers to is keyboards that have a volume button or control on them. I have a DAS mechanical keyboard that has a volume control knob at the right side, and in previous versions of JAWS, whenever I'd change the volume using this knob, JAWS would say, "Volume 20%, volume 21 %, volume 22%, volume 23%" etc. It was quite annoying, and I'm so glad they fixed it in JAWS 2021. Not sure why anyone would turn on this feature to have JAWS announce the volume levels. At least I think that's what you are referring to.

Cheers,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk

C: 780-994-7763

On Jun 26, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

What does the command "Toggle Volume Control Notifications For External Multimedia Devices" in JAWS 2021 do? It is found in the INSERT plus SPACE layered commands, and is toggled by grave accent. I don't know to what they are referring when they use the term "External Multimedia Devices". I also don't know what notifications would be received from the volume control of multimedia devices.

Thank you.

Bill White

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.