moderated Re: Toggle volume control notifications from external multimedia devices

Russell Solowoniuk

ÎHi Bill,

I think what this refers to is keyboards that have a volume button or control on them. I have a DAS mechanical keyboard that has a volume control knob at the right side, and in previous versions of JAWS, whenever I'd change the volume using this knob, JAWS would say, "Volume 20%, volume 21 %, volume 22%, volume 23%" etc. It was quite annoying, and I'm so glad they fixed it in JAWS 2021. Not sure why anyone would turn on this feature to have JAWS announce the volume levels. At least I think that's what you are referring to.

Cheers,

Russell
Russell Solowoniuk
C: 780-994-7763

On Jun 26, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

What does the command "Toggle Volume Control Notifications For External Multimedia Devices" in JAWS 2021 do? It is found in the INSERT plus SPACE layered commands, and is toggled by grave accent. I don't know to what they are referring when they use the term "External Multimedia Devices". I also don't know what notifications would be received from the volume control of multimedia devices.

Thank you.

Bill White