moderated Re: windows 11

Hi Richard,

I think it's really too early to say for sure what will or will not be required. On the one hand Microsoft clearly states that the minimum requirement will be a CPU with at least 2 cores or more running at at least 1 Ghz or more speed and that of course is very misleading because even an 8-year old 4th generation Intel processor has these specs.

There are many articles which say Microsoft has confirmed the minimum requirement of an 8th Gen CPU, but Microsoft also speaks about a "soft floor" and a "hard floor" set of requirements and that some people may be able to install Windows 11 but will receive a warning that it is not re ommended.

My Asus Zenbook which was a high-end laptop when I bought it in November 2016 has an I7-6700U sixth Gen CPU, 16 Gb of RAM, a 512 Gb SSD, it has a 4K touch screen display and definitely shows that it has a UEFI BIOS with secur boot turned on and it has TPM 2.0. Yet the Health Check says it is not able to run Windows 11.

Here is just one article which says Microsoft officially confirmed the 8th Gen requirement and if you Google this you can find many more, but the fact remains that currently it is still confusing with many sources saying one thing and others saying something different. Even the Health Check tool which apparently already has been upgraded some is not always giving the correct information, I know of one person on a different list who has a 10th Gen CPU, TPM 2.0 and all the other requirements yet for some reason the tools says his computer can't be upgraded.

Microsoft confirms that Windows 11 will require 8th Gen Intel Core or 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen

Take care,

Sieghard

lots of

the fall of