moderated Re: Tips for File Explorer

Mark

i didn't realize the question would prompt a big discussion. It will take time to go through it.  To clarify my first question, the task I'm trying to get faster at is moving around the folder hierarchy.  This involves moving the focus to the parent, child, or sibling folders, and assessing where in the file system you are.   File explorer has a tree view and a multi select item view, both of which can support those movements with arrow and shortcut keys.  They have some differences though.  I'm not sure where I should invest my energy when practicing and was hoping for advice of what works for others.