moderated Re: Tips for File Explorer

I’ll add to what Brian said. You might consider opening a File Explorer window, pressing alt + f and arrowing down to Change folder and search options, and pressing enter to open those. This will open a Folder options dialog box that has three tabs: General, View, and Search. Under the View tab, there is an Advanced section and one of the options in it is a checkbox to Display the full path in the title bar. When this is checked on, pressing Insert + t will announce the full path of any file with focus while in File Explorer.

 Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 10:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Tips for File Explorer

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with your first question.

As far as getting the full path for any selected file or files, ALT+H,CP, will copy the full path to the file(s) to the clipboard for pasting wherever you might need it.  If you have multiple files selected, the paths, when pasted, will be one to a line.

           ~ André Gide