moderated JAWS and Express Scribe

Phillip Gross

Has anyone found a good way of keeping track of where they are in an Audio file for time coding purposes? The best way I’ve found to do it so far is rather tedious. I will transcribe the file, then I will go back and place the time stamps.

In an hour long file in which the client wants time stamps every 30 seconds this gets really old really fast. That is 120 time stamps. That means I have to find the next 30 second mark, find the end of the next sentence, copy the time, go to word, find the same spot, paste the time stamp, and go back to Express Scribe and do it all again.

Please tell me there’s a better way to keep track of where I am while I transcribe?