moderated Re: creating an electronic copy

Mike B.

You can use Windows Fax and Scan to take a picture of the file then this file can be attached to an email.  Below are steps for using Windows Fax and Scan.
After the scan is completed a folder called, Scanned Documents, is created in your Documents and this is where the scan will be.  I use the flatbed scanner
of our printer for this, so I don't know what other scanners will be in the scanner list when you select the File menu / New / Scan.  I'm sure it'll be
whatever scanners you have connected to your computer.  If you want to read the .JPEG file just copy and paste a copy into your Jaws 2021, My Pictures
/ Picture Smart folder and Jaws 2021 will scan the file, when it finishes press enter on the get more link at the bottom to insure you get everything.
Then copy all the text and put it into a text file for your reference.

Go to All Programs in the Start Menu and find Windows Fax & Scan
Press the, Alt key, arrow to, New, and press enter to open a submenu.
Arrow to, Scan, and press enter to open a scan dialogue.

Now there should be the scanner showing here so, tab to, Okay and press the spacebar.
Note: if more than 1 scanner is there you'll have to choose 1.  I would use your printers scanner if this is one of your choices.

Now press the spacebar on the Scan button.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.