moderated Re: Looking For Someone Who Knows Japanese

John Covici

This happened to me -- it was German, I had to reinstall with a new
profile and that fixed it.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 19:50:41 -0400,
Glenn / Lenny wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Hi,
I am pretty sure it is Japanese that my FireFox keeps installing to, and I cannot get it fixed.
Hoping someone here knows Japanese and can tandem in to fix it back to English for me.
Here's what happened:
I installed a clean Windows a couple weeks ago and I downloaded a new version of Mozilla Firefox.
I didn't think I would have to use the ESR version, and after it installed, I could not move around the screen or anything, and I must have moved the language selector that probably comes up on installation.
But after a restart of FF, I got a message that said this version does not work with a screenreader and I needed to install Firefox ESR.
So I downloaded that, then uninstalled FF, and restarted my computer, and then installed the ESR version.
Apparently it keeps something in the computer that remembers a language, and it came up in that language and I keep trying to change it with launching FF with command line switches like -purgecaches and one with a language option, sortof like -eula en and that did not help.
Then I tried uninstalling, deleting anything Mozilla and Firefox from program files (X86) and copy the same folder from my old HD into the same location and reboot, and reinstall, and it still comes up with that incorrect language.
So I'm thinking, if someone here knows Japanese, if that is indeed the language, if that person could tandem and help me out, I would be very grateful.
Here are a few words from my startpage home page, if someone can confirm the language, that might help me find the right person:
Yeny
favicon
Yeny me Google

Yeny ki:

Thanks

Glenn

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com