moderated Re: JAWS Sluggish After 2.5 Hours of Use Since June Update?

Chris Hill

I don't do multiple tabs, but my machine is usually up for days at a time.  I've never had this problem . I'd probably try plugging in a pair of usb headphones when this happens.  If the problem goes away, it likely has something to do with the sound card driver, which may need updated, or rolled back.

CH

On 6/19/2021 09:19, Darrell Shandrow Hilliker wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Has anyone else noticed that JAWS becomes incredibly sluggish and crackling audio can be heard after about 2 or 2.5 hours of intensive use?

Try the following:

  1. Make sure the June JAWS update is running.
  2. Start Chrome or Edge.
  3. Open and use 10 or more tabs, switching between them and working intensively for about 2 hours. Observe that JAWS becomes less and less responsive over time and it is eventually necessary to restart JAWS.

Does anyone else out here experience this situation?

Thanks,

Darrell