moderated Re: JAWS Sluggish After 2.5 Hours of Use Since June Update?

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I run into this crackling issue from time to time, but very infrequently. I would say I use Jaws pretty intensely, I don't always have 10 browser tabs open, but I do work often for several hours with very few breaks with at least 3 or 4 tabs open as well as Outlook, Excel a couple of Notepad files and Adobe sometimes with 2 or 3 PDF files open. At times I even use Edge as well as Chrome at the same time so instead of opening more tabs in Edge I may use Chrome and as I said, I come across this very rarely and I have never noticed anything which would allow me to reproduce it..

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Darrell Shandrow Hilliker
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 7:20 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS Sluggish After 2.5 Hours of Use Since June Update?

Hi Everybody,

Has anyone else noticed that JAWS becomes incredibly sluggish and crackling audio can be heard after about 2 or 2.5 hours of intensive use?

Try the following:

  1. Make sure the June JAWS update is running.
  2. Start Chrome or Edge.
  3. Open and use 10 or more tabs, switching between them and working intensively for about 2 hours. Observe that JAWS becomes less and less responsive over time and it is eventually necessary to restart JAWS.

Does anyone else out here experience this situation?

Thanks,

Darrell