moderated Re: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Marty,

to find out if Vocalizer Expressive causes this issue you can temporarily change the voice by pressing JAWS+Control+S. Select another voice, for example Eloquence then test this and turn back your preferred voice.

To find out the setting causes this issue you could either open Quick Settings by pressing JAWS+V or Settings Center by pressing JAWS+6. In the tree view you can scroll down to the last branch. The last branch displays the settings you changed last. Make sure you try out both: the app setting file in which your problem exists (for example word or outlook) and the default file. You can open the default file by pressing Control+Shift+D if the Settings Center or Quick Settings dialog is open.

The next step if this don't is successful depends on the time you want to invest to solve the problem as well your experience in computing for example to open text file and delete single lines. If time matters you could delete the settings file after backup the file. If you want to try out some things and perhaps if you have made a lot of settings you don't remember you could manually delete settings by opening the file in a text editor. Let me know if you want one of the suggestions giving a try and I can write more details here.

Good luck
Udo

Am 16.06.2021 um 22:03 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

OK, JAWS reads my document perfectly with the alternative default mode on.  How do I figure out which setting is causing the problem?  I am using Vocalizer Expressive voice.  Could this be causing this?

On 6/16/2021 12:25 AM, Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io wrote:
Hi Marty,

To find out if a JAWS setting is responsible for such a behavior you could activate the alternative User by pressing JAWS+Space, then Z. This temporarily turns off your settings to check if a setting is responsible for this. To go back to your normal user settings press the hot key again (JAWS+Space, Z).

If no setting entry causes this issue you could provide such a file with a cloud device so one can have a closer look at this.

Udo

Am 16.06.2021 um 07:47 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

I have very few JAWS dictionary entries and I am sure that that is not one of them.  I don't know if this group allows attachments to messages, but I will try to attach a document with examples.  See if your system reads correctly.

On 6/15/2021 9:42 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

I think reading word by word will not use a dictionary entry.
Might you have a dictionary entry that is making it speak nothing for that?
Glenn