moderated Re: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email

Mike B.

Hi Marty,

I don't use Vocalizer, but take a look at which speech and sound scheme you're running. 

Press, Insert, Alt + S, to open the sound scheme list and take notice of which scheme is highlighted. 

If it's not one called, Classic, navigate to the Classic scheme and press enter.  Now see if it reads any better.  If not switch back to your other scheme.  You could try other schemes to see if any others read better and keep in mind you can always switch back.

Also try switching to Eloquence and see if Eloquence reads correctly.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email

OK, JAWS reads my document perfectly with the alternative default mode on.  How do I figure out which setting is causing the problem?  I am using Vocalizer Expressive voice.  Could this be causing this?

On 6/16/2021 12:25 AM, Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io wrote:
Hi Marty, 

To find out if a JAWS setting is responsible for such a behavior you could activate the alternative User by pressing JAWS+Space, then Z. This temporarily turns off your settings to check if a setting is responsible for this. To go back to your normal user settings press the hot key again (JAWS+Space, Z). 

If no setting entry causes this issue you could provide such a file with a cloud device so one can have a closer look at this. 

Udo 

Am 16.06.2021 um 07:47 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

I have very few JAWS dictionary entries and I am sure that that is not one of them.  I don't know if this group allows attachments to messages, but I will try to attach a document with examples.  See if your system reads correctly.

On 6/15/2021 9:42 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

I think reading word by word will not use a dictionary entry.
Might you have a dictionary entry that is making it speak nothing for that?
Glenn
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email

Can you post an example of an email where it happens? For the record, on my system, it isn’t happening with the date in this message.
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 9:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email
Hello,  I posted this question a while ago and this is still happening.  I will type a line of text in a WORD document with a date such as "Saturday, August 14".  when I read by pressing Insert + Down Arrow for Say All, or when reading by pressing Down Arrow to read line by line, JAWS will not say anything when I get to the line with the date in it.  If I read word by word by pressing Control + Right Arrow, JAWS will read perfectly.  This will also sometimes happen in an email as well.  I am using the latest JAWS with Windows 10 and Office 2016.  Has anyone else had this happen?
Thanks.
Marty Hutchings
The Gospel is freely accessible to all. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.