Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: JAWSnot reading lines of text with dates in them in WORD and email

OK, JAWS reads my document perfectly with the alternative default mode on.  How do I figure out which setting is causing the problem?  I am using Vocalizer Expressive voice.  Could this be causing this?

On 6/16/2021 12:25 AM, Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io wrote:
Hi Marty,

To find out if a JAWS setting is responsible for such a behavior you could activate the alternative User by pressing JAWS+Space, then Z. This temporarily turns off your settings to check if a setting is responsible for this. To go back to your normal user settings press the hot key again (JAWS+Space, Z).

If no setting entry causes this issue you could provide such a file with a cloud device so one can have a closer look at this.

Udo

Am 16.06.2021 um 07:47 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

I have very few JAWS dictionary entries and I am sure that that is not one of them.  I don't know if this group allows attachments to messages, but I will try to attach a document with examples.  See if your system reads correctly.

On 6/15/2021 9:42 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

I think reading word by word will not use a dictionary entry.
Might you have a dictionary entry that is making it speak nothing for that?
Glenn