moderated Re: Find/Replace Formatting in Word

kelby carlson

Ah, excellent. I tried this, but insert-f did not report the italics in the dialogue, so I didn't know if it worked.

On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Kelby,

I just tested this in a Word 2019 document. I opened a find and replace dialog by pressing ctrl + h. I then entered the text to search for in the find what text box. In the replace with text box, I typed the text I wanted, highlighted it, and pressed ctrl + I to make it italic and then executed the replace all button by pressing alt + r. All occurrences of the searched text were replaced with the appropriate text which was italicized.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kelby carlson
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 11:17 AM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Find/Replace Formatting in Word

I need to add italics to a specific text string that occurs a number of times in a WOrd document. WHen I go to the find/replace dialogue in Word, there is a formatting menu, but there is no way to indicate whether you want the formatting to be in the find or replace field. Can one do this accessibly?

--

K. Scott Carlson