moderated Re: Purpose of This List

Gerald Levy

That's the big problem with this list.  Most discussions lately have been about anything but JAWS.  I counted over 50 messages in the thread about audio description.  And the list owner, if there is one, has never responded to inquiries about how this list is run.  Personally, I don't care whether members go off topic, and I usually enjoy reading these off topic messages, but I think the list owner, if there is even anyone in charge, has a responsibilty to clarify wheterh this is permissible and even consider changing the name of this list to reflect its more general nature.

Gerald

On 6/15/2021 8:29 AM, Jeff Christiansen wrote:
Most discussions are about JAWS but for those discussions that truly bother you just use the mute option
It only requires you to be flexible

Sent From My Mobile

On Jun 15, 2021, at 05:32, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

I am confused.  I thought this was a list for the discussion of issues related to the JAWS screen reader, but lately, there have been long discussions about topics that have nothing to do with JAWS like headphones and audio described programming.  Is this list now a general forum for the discussion of any topic related to blindness? Could someone please clarify the purpose of this list?  And if this list is now indeed a general discussion forum, would it not make sense to change the name of the list to reflect this?  Thanks.

Gerald