moderated Re: Bugbear In Windows 10 and JAWS 2021

Annabelle Susan Morison

I tried an OCR, but the JAWS cursor won't say anything when I try to navigate with the arrow keys. What's up with that, I wonder?

On 06/14/2021 7:49 PM Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

There isn't necessarily an unblock button.  If you want to be sure, use insert-space then o then w to ocr the window and you'll get a good idea exactly what it says.  Have you tried right-clicking on the program and choosing run as administrator?

CH

On 6/14/2021 21:19, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
Has anyone ever had this problem before? I'm attempting to run ICare Data Recovery Pro on my new Windows 10 machine, but I get the following message:
"An administrator has blocked you from running this app".
Here's the problem, I am the administrator of this machine! I've tried going into Windows Defender and changing some settings, but to no avail. What do I do next? The problem is, JAWS won't read to me the solutions for attempting to unblock the app. I mean, isn't there a button that says, "Run Anyway"?