moderated Re: How can I stop JAWS speach being included in recordings using the latest version of Total Recorder ?

leonard morris

I have been using Total Recorder professional addition for fifteen years or mor and I got it to work without it recording the screen reader once. However, when I had to do a new install on another PC I could never get it to record properly again. So, if someone has a solution post it please! (smile) Having said that I found this information on the web regarding this specific issue.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/screen_readers.htm

If recording in Background recording mode is impossible or you have the Standard Edition of Total Recorder, then set Total Recorder to record in Software mode using the Total Recorder kernel-mode audio driver. For this:

Launch the installation of Total Recorder.
In the third step of the installation wizard (next to accepting the License Agreement) click Advanced... button.
In the Total Recorder driver dialog opened uncheck all options but Install kernel-mode virtual device driver. Hit OK.
Complete the installation. Then reboot.
Set a screen-reader to use directly your soundcard driver (not Total Recorder driver).

On 6/14/2021 2:34 AM, John Covici wrote:
One thing you might want to try is to go into the total recorder
settings and change the driver to only monitor the usb sound card -- I
may have the name of this option wrong, but that should fix your
problem.

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 05:25:44 -0400,
Dave Durber wrote:
Soronel:

Under the JAWS Utilities > Sound Card Submenue, I have JAWS set
to use the on-board sound card., I have Windows set to have all
other audio use the USB sound card.

Before I installed the latest version of Total Recorder, and I
started recording from an online stream or, from an external
source, JAWS continued using the on-board sound card and
therefore was not included in the recording, which meant, for
example, I could monitor how much time had elapsed, since the
recording had started.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Soronel Haetir"
<soronel.haetir@gmail.com>