moderated Setting Up RSS Feeds

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

As some of you may know, I am a licensed ham radio operator, and I am the severe weather SKYWARN Team Coordinator for my county here in West Michigan.

Until recently, I was automatically receiveing the hazardous weather outlooks from our area National Weather Service  office via an e-mail list that our County emergency communications group had created and maintained.

I am now no longer receiveing these hazardous weather outlooks via the e-mail list, despite a number of attempts to re-subscribe.  Furthermore, our County emergency communications group seems to have no real interest in maintaining the list, so I am thinking it is now a thing of the past.

Someone has suggested that I do something with an RSS reader to resume getting these outlooks automatically.

I’m currently using Microsoft 365 and Outlook e-mail on a Windows 10 laptop with the latest version of Jaws 2021.

While scrolling through my Outlook folder options, I do notice something called RSS feeds, but have no idea how to access or set up the needed RSS feed.

If anyone can give me a quick explanation of RSS feeds, and some steps for getting them set up, I’ll give it a try.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan