moderated Re: Audio drivers not working.

Dave Durber

David:

How old is your HP computer?

Did you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, using the Windows 10 upgrade utility or, did you install a fresh installation of Windows 10?

I performed a fresh installation of Windows 10 Professional last year, replacing Windows 7 professional, on an HP Pavillion DV6 laptop, which I purchased in 2012. It is running the latest update of JAWS 2021 and the system is fully up-to-date with Windows 10. So far, I have had kno problems with the audio function using this laptop.

Personally, I have never trusted Microsoft's upgrade utilities, to migrate any system, from an existing version of Windows, to a new version of Windows, despite the aggrovation of installing and setting up the software in the new operating system.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 10:18 PM
Subject: Audio drivers not working.

I know this is a stretch but, I don’t think I’m on the windows group anymore.  My audio driver does not work.  The explanation is, after the latest windows update, the HP windows 7, upgraded to windows 10, could not handle the new update and the audio driver crashed.  Because of the age, apparently there are no audio drivers available for Win 7 H P computers.  Thus, tying this in with JAWS, no audio driver, no sound from any screen reader. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.