moderated Re: Audio drivers not working.

David Diamond

It came to me as a refurbished lap top with windows 10 installed. Brian could answer this perhaps. When I took it to the tech after getting no where with MS help desk 1st teer then 2nd teer tech support, the tech at the chain of stores, told me when they refurbish a computer, all they do is look for the immediate problems, then ship it out. Which to mean they note that the audio driver or another driver is on it’s last legs, so to speak, they don’t fix it just send it out. I don’t expect a brand new computer, but, don’t give me a horse that is lame either.      

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: June 12, 2021 7:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Audio drivers not working.

Do you have some older audio drivers for that computer?

If so, I would delete the audio device in device manager, then install the old driver, and reboot.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Phoned them, they looked for a new driver and could find nothing.  It went to the 2nd teer of tech support and I got someone who sounded like he had 4 Kleenexes over his mouth. He really should invest in a better headset.  Anyway he got us to do a restore from 10 days prior to the sound card crashing, that was useless.  Still the same problem, no sound.  I took it to a chain of stores who have computer techs there and one of them told me, he suspects the culprit is the latest windows update as what I thought was the culprit, I installed a demo of Total recorder on my lap top and that’s when it all happened.  He said it could not have been the installation of total recorder. Total recorder strongly suggests before purchasing any of their products, you try it out first.  Once you purchase the product, no refunds are forth coming.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: June 12, 2021 2:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 05:40 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

That will take assistance  so disability desk may be good place to start.

-
Absolutely true.

Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support.   U.S. Toll Free:  (800) 936-5900

US Microsoft & Windows Accessibility Support Webpage
if you wish to use a contact method other than by phone.

UK Microsoft & Windows Accessibility Support Webpage

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.