moderated Re: How can I stop JAWS speach being included in recordings using the latest version of Total Recorder ?

Dave Durber

Richard:

So far, I have been able to use Total Recorder, as is, without any scripts. I am not aware of any scripts for Total Recorder. If anyone knows of any scripts, I would be very interested.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: How can I stop JAWS speach being included in recordings using the latest version of Total Recorder ?

Well, first, it sounds like a note to both Jaws and Total Recorder could be in Order.

But, if you do not need Jaws talking while you are recording, you could put it in speech on demand.

Ubt if you are used to being able to check things with jaws while it is running, then it sounds like something changed on the programming side of the world.

Is there a script for this program that could be updated if you contacted the script author?

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 9:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How can I stop JAWS speach being included in recordings using the latest version of Total Recorder ?

Richard:

Before I start recording, JAWS speach is definitely using the on-board sound card. When I press the Record button and start recording, this is when JAWS speach is routed through the USB sound card. When I press the Stop Button, and stop recording, JAWS speach is again routed through the on-board sound card.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 4:47 PM

I have not used Total Recorder, but have you opened the Jaws menu with insert=j and under utilities, Sound card, see if jaws is indeed going to the USB and reselecting the onboard soundcard?

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 8:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How can I stop JAWS speach being included in recordings using the latest version of Total Recorder ?

Hello Everyone:

I am using the latest update to JAWS 2021 and the system I am referring too, is up-to-date with Windows 10.

In addition to the on-board sound card, I am using a Creative Labs Sound Blaster USB sound card.

By default, I have JAWS using the on-board sound card and the rest of the audio using the USB sound card.

Earlier today, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Total Recorder. Prior to doing that, whenever I have updated Total Recorder, JAWS speach has never been included in any recording.

However, When I tried to record something, using the latest version of Total Recorder, JAWS speach is being routed through the USB sound card and therefore being included in the recording.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, how did you stop JAWS speach being included in your recordings?

Thank you in anticipation.

Dave Durber

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.