From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kane Brolin
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 8:26 AM
To: JFW Mailing List <jfw@groups.io>
Cc: ElBraille <ElBraille@groups.io>; Bookshare General Discussion List <Bookshare-discuss@freelists.org>
Subject: Re: Trouble Opening & Reading A Big DAISY File

On 6/12/21, Chris Hill <hillco@earthlink.net> wrote:
Well, for most intents, your unit is just a pc with a braille display attached. ...
Thanks, Chris.

Someone on the ElBraille list told me recently that because ElBraille is a Windows PC in notetaker form, DAISY format with the FS Reader app is the only way to go.

I would have no problem downloading as a BRF--except that I am unaware of what program I could use on the ElBraille to read BRF. I did this easily back when I was using a BrailleNote or, previously, a PAC Mate.
Would I need to install something like OpenBook or Kurzweil 1000 on the ElBraille to read BRFs?

Kind regards,

-Kane