moderated Re: slightly off topic: over ear headphones recommendations?

Chris Hill

Lag isn't a major problem with most modern bluetooth headphones. When you connect a cable, you prevent all possibility of lag. Ones I like pretty well are the Soundcore q20's.  They are a little bassy at times, but the built-in noise cancellation is really good for low steady noises, and you can easily turn it off or on.  The bluetooth seems fast, and it comes with a cable, which is often easier when not connecting to a cell phone.  Battery life on bluetooth is really good, and unless you have noise cancelling on, using with a cable shouldn't use the battery at all.

CH

On 6/12/2021 09:45, James English wrote:
Hello,

'twas a very sad day today as my trusty headphones decided they would
bite the dust and shuffle off for a place in the headphone retirement
home, Rochdale public rubbish dump. I am in the market for a good pair
of over-ear headphones with minimal sound leakage, low levels of lag
and great sound. I'm unsure how to set up wireless headphones, and so
therefore something with a wire would be useful; I have however heard
about wired/wireless combos, however unsure how well they work with
jaws and avoiding lag etc?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
All the best,
- James