Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 10:06 PM
Subject: Strange problem with Outlook and losing speech

This happens with N V D A and think it may be happening with JAWS as well. At various times when Outlook is running, and when Outlook is started, I lose speech; when I turn screen reader back on, I find this same message every time:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot handle the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Then, there is the good old OK button to click. I have checked in my control panel, and Outlook is the default client for mail. What could cause this?

Using Windows 10, Outlook 2013, and either N V D A or JAWS 2018.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid