Re: Firefox doesn't switch to it when a link is clicked anymore
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Richard. Did you go into the advanced settings and make the changes suggested a couple of days ago? If not, do the following,
1. Open Firefox.
2. In the Address Bar, type the following,
3. When it gives you the option to accept the risk and continue, Press ENTER on that button.
4. After accepting the risk, an edit box will come up that allows you to enter something to find. Enter the following into that box,
5. TAB to the entry that says,
6. Arrow down, and you will see a toggle button.
7. Toggle browser.startup.preXulSkeletonUI=True to
8. Once this is done, close Firefox.
9. Now Firefox should behave as it has in the past.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:06 PM
Subject: Firefox doesn't switch to it when a link is clicked anymore
I am using JAWS 2020 and Windows 10. In the past, if I clicked on a link somewhere like within an email or a desktop shortcut, Firefox (my default browser) would launch and I would be automatically switch to that window. Now, when I click on a link, Firefox launches but I *am not* switched to that window. To get to the newly launched Firefox window, I have to tab around to it. Seemingly, this started with the latest update to Firefox. How can I return to the functionality where upon clicking on a link I get automatically switched to the Firefox window?