Re: Silencing Zoom Notification

Cornelius

I cannot put JAWS to speech on demand as I am taking note with Word on another window. The Zoom is bugging me while I do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 9:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Silencing Zoom Notification

Alt+spacebar, then 's' toggles between speech on demand and full
speech. Speech on demand causes JAWS to speak only when spoken to,
with nothing volunteered. If you press a reading command--insert+up
arrow--JAWS will respond to it. However, commands like alt-tab,
where speech is not involved, are silent. I like this setting, but I
often forget it is turned on and wonder why JAWS isn't talking.