moderated Re: Edge Issue

clarence carter

I will try that!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 11:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Edge Issue

Hi Adrian,

Without knowing what someone has their settings set at one can only suggest something to try to see if it'll help their situation.  Clarence stated that he's constantly having to refresh a webpage, so if that's the case maybe setting the page refresh setting to automatic will help, but he'll have to play around with settings to see what works best for him.

I totally understand what you're saying and I totally agree, because like you i use the, Jaws key + escape, keystroke to repaint on a regular basis with some websites, but with others it's not necessary.  What gets irritating on websites like Amazon is the lag time between a keystroke press and the website recognizing the action.

Also what's irritating is the computerlingo, repainting vs. refreshing, why can't theyall just get along?  LOL  LOL

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 7:37 PM

Mike and Clarence,

Terminology confuses me here. There’s the Windows F5 key for reloading a page and the JAWS insert-escape to “repaint” a page, as Vispero calls it. If I’m not mistaken, “refresh” in the quick JAWS settings determines how often, if at all, a page will refresh. I have this setting at never, or the equivalent, to avoid situations where webpages keep being updated.

Clarence, if you’re encountering the situation I do all the time, I can say only that I routinely press JAWS key-escape when I open a new webpage. After that, it stays the way I want.

But I could be wrong. Maybe try Mike’s suggestion and see if it does the job. If not, you might use that setting to prevent pages from refreshing and combine it with Vispero’s repaint. An extra step is annoying, but after a while it becomes an unthinking habit.