moderated Re: New Win OS?

David Moore

I have build 21390.1! Is that what you are talking about?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 7:53 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
I don't know why it's so difficult for folks to understand this is the next evolution under Windows 10, period, end of sentence.

Your machine will be updated to it via a feature update just like has been happening since 2015.  I wouldn't care if they called it Windows 25, I don't have to do anything to get it and it's just the next feature update.

And it was said, repeatedly, by Microsoft that Windows 10 would be "the final Windows," and it pretty much has been.  I expect that they're eventually going to drop the "10" from the designation, and that will likely come during some feature update in the unspecified future.

Windows As A Service was a tectonic shift in how Windows updates were to be handled going forward.  Until and unless that delivery paradigm changes, things will stay pretty much as they are in terms of twice yearly feature updates, one of which is often trivial.

           ~ André Gide