moderated Re: games

Jasmine Kotsay

I know this is a thread where someone else asked about games originally, but I also have a question. I am wondering if there is a way to get hold of some of the old windows vista and XP games. There are two that I am looking for mainly. One of them is the 3-D pinball from windows XP, and the other one is called Purble place. It’s a matching game that was from Windows Vista, and I love it!

On Jun 4, 2021, at 8:39 AM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Hello Mark.

What sort of games are you looking into?

Obviously as JAWS is a text screen-reader you will not have much luck with graphical games (though I understand you can use OCR for some things)…I have heard f a few modern games with some accessibility-related features, but I don’t know much about that and, actually I suspect they are not really JAWS-related/won’t work with your screen-reader and are actually audio feedback from the games themselves.

Of course you can always try text adventures, card games, word games, etc.

There is rs-games, a site where there are several card and-board-game type things you can play with others. I haven’t used it in a while, but if you can get a party together to play with, it can be fairly cool.

I personally am a fan of interactive fiction type games which can be found on websites and downlaoded from placesl ike the Interactive Fiction archive (you need interpreter programmes for most of these).

I haven’t played any in years, but there are also Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs), which are set up online and accessed through various clients (or even just a telnet terminal. They are multi-player and they work a lot like dungeons and dragons, if you are familiar with that, except all the dice-rolling and such happens behind the scenes.