moderated Re: How to stop MS Edge from filling in my personal information for forms!

Bill White

Hi, Shirley. One thing Edge tries to do is, if you have given your address or phone number on one site, and you want to set up an account on another site, it will try to fill in the details from another site.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 6:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to stop MS Edge from filling in my personal information for forms!

One more question: How’d Edge get the name and address it was using? For some peculiar reason, it had my phone number completely wrong. And I couldn’t even change it—although now I can, thanks to you—but I’ll just leave it out so I can decide whether to give my house phone or my cell phone.  I just wonder where they got it from since I didn’t give it to them. My doctor even had it, and I know I hadn’t given it to them. It scares me a little when technology takes over and tries to control your personal profile. But thanks to you, I’ve regained control. (LOL).

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: How to stop MS Edge from filling in my personal information for forms!

Thank you so much. I knew it had to be in settings, but I just didn’t know which ones to change.  

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:36 PM

Go to Settings in Edge, then in the Settings Category treeview you should be already on the first tab, Profiles.

Go to where this section starts, it's a heading 2 called "Your Profile".

The first part talks about your profile, manage account and sync. After this you have      buttons for "Personal Info", "Passwords" and "Payment info". Activate each of them and turn them off if you don't want Edge to remember or fill any data.

Best regards,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2021 6:50 PM
Subject: How to stop MS Edge from filling in my personal information for forms!

I’ve looked on Google and I still can’t seem to get it. Please, can anybody help me stop Edge from taking over my forms and filling them out Edge’s way? ?

Usually, I muddle through, but it’s getting frustrating. I’d rather do it myself. Besides, Edge has most of it wrong.

Help?

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.