moderated Re: JAWS sluggish on Dell Inspiron desktop machine

Paul Faucheux

hi this is paul. i have a dell inspiron just like your friend. i would suggest using an sound blaster sound card as the max audio pro software is not accessible with jaws 2020 or 2021. i triedĀ getting generic drivers from realtek and no matter what i did the max audio software would be reinstalled. you cantĀ disable that software. i also believe that your friend should update the drivers for the machine. also update the smart byte software that comes with the machine. that software is known to cause issues with screen readers.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 6:31 PM Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:
Hi,

There could be a number of issues and the only way is that your friend give much more information.

I'd also be willing to take a look via tandam if the person is able to allow for a tandam session and lives in the United States. I would need a phone number and best time to contact the individual. If you or the person wants my help contact me privately off list and I can make arrangements to tandam.

My email is:
Mota1252@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 6:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS sluggish on Dell Inspiron desktop machine

Hello,
I have a friend who uses JAWS2020 on a Dell inspiron desktop. They report that JAWS is running sluggish on the machine. The computer has
16 gigs of ram and they just purchased it in September of 2020 issue has been going on since that time.
I saw a message about this topic and someone suggested disabling Waymax audio from the start up tab which I suggested to my friend but they would prefer not to disable this since my understanding of this causes the headphone jack not to work and I believe that they have speakers that are connected to the tower.
Are there any other solutions to this issue? I was going to suggest that they get an external sound card but I don't know that that would alleviate the issue as I don't foresee there being any load from JAWS on the machine.
Thank you in advance for any responses.