Bill White

Good idea.

I just got approval at work to purchase the commercial license, so I won't have to deal with the subscription for now. Thanks.

On 6/1/2021 12:05 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Aaron. I feel the same way. If you buy the $90 per year JAWS subscription, and are unable to pay for your next year, within about a month, you will see your JAWS program revert to 40-minute mode. For this reason, I continue to by the 2-year SMA. This way, even if my JAWS is out of date, I still have a functioning license for it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of aaron lane
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

OK. So I'm just now looking in to upgrading. I see that now JAWS is a
subscription service for home use. I'm trying to decide how I feel about
that. My initial reaction is that I would really like to just purchase
once and own it. what are your thoughts about that?

On 5/31/2021 11:20 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi Aaron,

J17 was, for lack of a better term, a throw away version. Vispero was
rewriting Jaws coding and J17 was minus some of the regular little features
that were present in all other Jaws versions. I won't go into all the
details because I'm a dipshit when it comes to the computer lingo crap, but
more knowledgeable members of the list might elaborate more. So, as Randy
suggested try J19, J20 or J21 as a demo and see how it goes.

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"