moderated Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

aaron lane

"Keep in mind that subscriptions is where things are going with many programs/applications and you can't necessary expect things
to be the way they were 10 or 20 years ago; it's a different world.

Best regards,
Sieghard"

Good point. I've noticed that lately. It will just have to be something new to get used to. Thanks.

Hello Aaron,

If you are in the US and have the option to buy Jaws via the subscription model this would be the way to go. I have been a Jaws user since the days of DOS in 1989 and in my over 30 years of using computers I rarely find it pays to not upgrade to whatever is the latest version of a program. If you would like to upgrade from Jaws 17 and you really should, in fact, I think with any of the latest Windows 10 versions it's a must, then it would probably cost a lot of money to do so in the conventional way. Then you really should buy your SMA every two years because once again I just don't think it's worth falling behind with Jaws given how quickly things change on the web and with Windows these days, and in the end the difference between your SMA price every two years and the annual subscription is quite minor.
The best thing to do here would be to simply call Vispero and tell them your situation and ask for what it would cost to upgrade the old way and then also discuss the subscription. Keep in mind that subscriptions is where things are going with many programs/applications and you can't necessary expect things to be the way they were 10 or 20 years ago; it's a different world.

Best regards,
Sieghard