moderated Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

aaron lane

Sounds great. Thanks much.

On 6/1/2021 12:23 PM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
I can see both sides of the coin for subscription versus SMA. If you can hold off for just a bit you may have the chance to save some money. Convention season is upon us and the NFB is going virtual again this year. Last year Vispero Gabe a 20% discount to everyone since they couldn’t hand out discount cards at convention. Since the NFB is virtual this year as well Vispero may again offer a discount to everyone again. This is 100% speculation on my part, but you might get the chance to save some money. Last year Eric was telling people during the convention that if they needed to bring their SMA current to call customer service the week of convention and they may offer the discount since the discount was only intended for the subscription. If you are going to stay with SMA it may be worth your time to see if Vispero offers a discount on the subscription and then try to work with customer service.

Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jun 1, 2021, at 1:02 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Hello Aaron,

If you are in the US and have the option to buy Jaws via the subscription model this would be the way to go. I have been a Jaws user since the days of DOS in 1989 and in my over 30 years of using computers I rarely find it pays to not upgrade to whatever is the latest version of a program. If you would like to upgrade from Jaws 17 and you really should, in fact, I think with any of the latest Windows 10 versions it's a must, then it would probably cost a lot of money to do so in the conventional way. Then you really should buy your SMA every two years because once again I just don't think it's worth falling behind with Jaws given how quickly things change on the web and with Windows these days, and in the end the difference between your SMA price every two years and the annual subscription is quite minor.
The best thing to do here would be to simply call Vispero and tell them your situation and ask for what it would cost to upgrade the old way and then also discuss the subscription. Keep in mind that subscriptions is where things are going with many programs/applications and you can't necessary expect things to be the way they were 10 or 20 years ago; it's a different world.

Best regards,
Sieghard