moderated Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

aaron lane

OK. So I'm just now looking in to upgrading. I see that now JAWS is a subscription service for home use. I'm trying to decide how I feel about that. My initial reaction is that I would really like to just purchase once and own it. what are your thoughts about that?

On 5/31/2021 11:20 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi Aaron,

J17 was, for lack of a better term, a throw away version. Vispero was
rewriting Jaws coding and J17 was minus some of the regular little features
that were present in all other Jaws versions. I won't go into all the
details because I'm a dipshit when it comes to the computer lingo crap, but
more knowledgeable members of the list might elaborate more. So, as Randy
suggested try J19, J20 or J21 as a demo and see how it goes.

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
From: aaron lane
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2021 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

I figured that might be causing me issues. I'm going to look in to getting
an upgrade. I've been reluctant, because I have a lot of Jaws script files
that I would need to convert, but it's probably not as complicated as I
think it is.

On 5/31/2021 4:49 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Aaron,

I think your biggest issue is the version of Jaws you're running. J17
doesn't work well with Windows 10. I could be wrong, but have you tried a
newer version of Jaws? Preferably J19 or up.