moderated Re: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

aaron lane

I figured that might be causing me issues. I'm going to look in to getting an upgrade. I've been reluctant, because I have a lot of Jaws script files that I would need to convert, but it's probably not as complicated as I think it is.

On 5/31/2021 4:49 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Aaron,

I think your biggest issue is the version of Jaws you're running.  J17 doesn't work well with Windows 10.  I could be wrong, but have you tried a newer version of Jaws?  Preferably J19 or up.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

From: aaron lane
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2021 2:12 PM
Subject: Drag & drop problem - JAWS17

Hello. I'm using JAWS17 in Windows10, in a game that is created using HTML & JavaScript, and the game doesn't run in a browser, but it is a Chrome legacy window. When I place my Jaws cursor on an item, then lock the left mouse button with, Jaws Key + slash, I am not able to navigate to the point in which I need to drop the item. I've tried switching to the PC cursor, but still nothing. I can move with, shift + Alt, then arrow to the spot, but when I then unlock the left mouse button, the item was not moved. I have also written a Script that locks the left mouse button, and jumps to the coordinates that I need, then I unlock the button myself. This script works but not very often. Any help would be appreciated.