From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 9:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS will not read a PDF book!

But if it's a large file, JAWS doesn't do so well. Kurzweil or OpenBook or QRead are more accurate solutions. OpenBook destroys the formatting, but QRead and Kurzweil do better. QRead cost $23 when i bought it a couple of years ago.
At 10:01 AM 5/30/2021, you wrote:

No need to highlight anything, if you open a document in Adobe Acrobat
Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by O and then D recognizes the entire
document regardless whether it is 1 page or 100 pages.

Also all the recent versions of Jaws recognize if a PDF is accessible
or not and if it is not, i.e. it is an image, Jaws will tell you and
ask if you want to perform OCR, by default focus is on Yes.