Re: avg and its and scripts

Niall Gallagher

Hi Brad,

I am using the free 2012 version of AVG along with JAWS 13.
When you open the program you will probably want to update it.
There are two ways to do this:
1. Use the JAWS cursor or convenient OCR to brows the program screen, and when you find the desired button route the PC Cursor to the JAWS cursor.
2. A somewhat simpler option is to press Alt, navigate to the tools or options menu, and scroll down to the option relating to updating (you may find it useful to use the JAWS cursor and/or convenient OCR at this point again).

The procedure for carrying out a virus scan is similar, you can follow step one exactly the same until you find the desired scan related button.
In addition, you may be required to choose between a whole system scan or other options, but the same strategy of the JAWS cursor or convenient OCR is used.
The second option is again somewhat similar to the above option 2.
Press Alt, navigate to the Tools or Options menu, and choose the desired scan option.
Just like before, you can use the JAWS cursor and convenient OCR to find out more information on what is happening on the screen.

I hope this has been of some help. This may not be the most efficient way to use AVG but, its the way that I have been able to use it successfully.

Kindest regards,

Niall.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:10 AM, "brad" <daredevilbk@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anyone here use the abg antivirus program and can be able to tell me
how to do a virus scan on my computer. Perhaps there are some jaws scripts
that can help or even a detorial that can walk me through the software
program?

From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com