moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Richard Turner

Well, you are right.

I had not noticed the problem of it no longer recognizing the 3.5 MM headphone jack because I almost never unplug my headphones.

It is one of those annoying Del things.  One would think a sound card would be able to tell when you plug something in without an extra piece of software running, but then again, I’m not an engineer.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 12:16 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Okay I’ll try to answer a few questions. First, as I said before, I don’t think it’s JAWS. I just wanted to cover all of my bases.

To the person who asked why I think it’s a leak I explained that several messages back.

Richard, I don’t think it’s a hardware issue with the ram. I ran memory diagnostics and it came out fine. I also let the thing sit still playing Amazon Prime video for several hours 1 day and it didn’t eat memory. As soon as I start working on something though it disappears.

I have tried turning Maxxaudio off. I even went as far as uninstalling it and using the Microsoft sound drivers. It didn’t work when I did it a couple of months ago but what the hell I might try it again. I am curious about one thing though. When you disable it on startup how do you get it to recognize when you plug in a headset? A lot of people, including me when I had it disabled, couldn’t get it to recognize that a headset was plugged in. It would just continue to speak through the speakers. The only around this was to plug in the headphones before starting the computer.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.