moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Phillip Gross

Okay I’ll try to answer a few questions. First, as I said before, I don’t think it’s JAWS. I just wanted to cover all of my bases.

To the person who asked why I think it’s a leak I explained that several messages back.

Richard, I don’t think it’s a hardware issue with the ram. I ran memory diagnostics and it came out fine. I also let the thing sit still playing Amazon Prime video for several hours 1 day and it didn’t eat memory. As soon as I start working on something though it disappears.

I have tried turning Maxxaudio off. I even went as far as uninstalling it and using the Microsoft sound drivers. It didn’t work when I did it a couple of months ago but what the hell I might try it again. I am curious about one thing though. When you disable it on startup how do you get it to recognize when you plug in a headset? A lot of people, including me when I had it disabled, couldn’t get it to recognize that a headset was plugged in. It would just continue to speak through the speakers. The only around this was to plug in the headphones before starting the computer.